Thursday 20 December 2012

We did it!!

I did it!! I left Sky for the first time and the world didn't end!! (Yet but i'm told it's forecast for tomorrow) She was a very good girl, fell asleep just after we'd left, had her bottle about an hour and a half after we'd gone, and was just ready for her next feed as we were walking in the door. I let Joe give her a bottle so we didn't waste it (it was very hard work expressing all that stuff!!) and she promptly fell asleep and didn't wake up til nearly 2am! Only issue was I didn't get much sleep as had to stay up and express as my boobs were so full and starting to get painful but all in all a successful night.

Onto the film, we went to see The Hobbit in 3D. It was really good, very impressed, although slightly confused as to how its going to be 3 films, they seemed to get about halfway through the first book just in the first film, so they must be making sure all elements of the book are included. I may even read the book again before the next film comes out just so I can spot what (if anything) they miss out. I'll be honest its been a while since I read the book and had forgotten lots of bits that were in the film last night. 

Today has been pretty eventful, Sam has kept me very busy. Firstly by deciding that cheese spread sandwich looked much better in his hair, than on his plate. I had to shout to Joe to grab him and put him in the shower (as Sky wanted feeding) he screamed so much the neighbour's must have thought we were murdering him (Sam, not Joe) he really doesn't like having his hair washed at the best of times, so trying to get cheese spread out was not an easy task. Then just as I thought he was being a good boy, I turn my back for a minute and he gets one of his train track pieces (for those in the know, it was Vee or V or however you spell it from Chuggington) and got it wedged in his mouth just behind his teeth and couldn't get it out, cue minor panic followed by me very carefully wiggling it back out of his mouth without pulling half his teeth out..

So just when I thought that he couldn't possibly cause any more stress today, he wee's on the sofa... So now not only does my carpet smell just a little bit like wee my sofa has joined the club too!! Thank God for Avon's room and linen spray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment