Tuesday 11 December 2012

Preparations begin...

Next Wednesday, I am going to see 'The Hobbit' with my lovely husband, and our friends Stacey and Paul. So today I am starting to prepare myself to leave Sky for the first time. I am dreading it! Well I'm looking forward to getting out and having some baby free husband and me time for the first time since she was born, but dreading leaving her. I know she'll be fine, but I will probably be worrying myself sick the entire time and bombarding my poor mother in law with texts to make sure all is OK.

The main part of preparation I need to sort out is expressing enough milk to feed her while we're gone. The film is nearly 3 hours long, and then there's getting to and from the cinema so she will be left for nearly 4 hours so I need at least 10oz and expressing has not been going well. (mainly because guzzle guts wants boob too often and doesn't leave much to express). So I am starting on Saturday, as my milk should last 5 days in the fridge, so should give me plenty of time to get a couple of bottles worth.

On the plus side, we're going in the evening so Sam will be fast asleep and not even know that we're gone, or at least that's the plan, fingers crossed he doesn't have a bad night and wake up every 2 minutes, although he hasn't had a bad night for a while, but sods law he will choose next Wednesday...

I can't wait to get it over with now, I know the first time you leave them is the hardest, it took me forever to leave Sam for more than an hour, and he was a year old before I braved leaving him over night, can't see Sky going over night until she's a year old either well unless hubby convinces me with a romantic night away... But I think that's unlikely...


No comments:

Post a Comment