Thursday 6 December 2012

Help! My house smells like wee!

Potty training.. Bag's of fun for all the family.. 

We have been trying to potty train Sam now since he turned 2, so about 8 months. The last 2 weeks he seemed to have cracked it, he would still have the odd accident when out and about (thank God for pull up's) but at home he would always ask to go. So picture me confused, when he decided to have 3 accidents all over the carpet yesterday, then when I was feeding Sky, and Joe was doing the dishes he did a poo in his pants.. Cue much running around to get him to the toilet and cleaned up!

I am starting to feel like we've been potty training forever! I know he is still young, but we started potty training because he started telling us when he needed a poo, and would take his nappy off and sit on the potty if we left it in the room. I can't even think about trying to get him dry at night and so he wears pull up's to bed, and he is too distracted when we're out and about to ask, even when we constantly ask 'do you need to go?', so we have to do pull up's then too. I am worried that he will still be in pull up's when he starts nursery next year.. Are kids even allowed to start nursery before their potty trained?? I can see it now.. Me dashing into school every day after getting 'the call' to say he needs clean clothes. 

Then of course there's Sky, who is growing up way too fast. We had her weighed today and she is now 11lb 4oz! She is starting to make the most adorable noises and smiling so much! She even copies Joe (not me sulk sulk!) when he sticks his tongue out at her! I wonder what she'll be like to potty train? Is it true that girls are easier than boys? Oh and on the subject of boys, when do you start teaching them to stand up and pee? Oh God so many questions!  

Look's like for the time being I will just have to put up with the fact that despite scrubbing and an endless supply of fabric freshener... my carpet will forever smell just a little bit like wee.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment