Friday 4 January 2013

A bit of a Reminisce...

This week has been a little bit of a let down, not a great start to the new year. Both Sam and Sky are poorly with colds, Joe has caught it too. I seem to have escaped it with just a bit of a runny nose, (which seems only fair considering I've had colds twice already since having Sky)
Sam has been waking up lots during the night coughing, and last night we had to break out the calpol at 11pm to settle him, well I say we, Joe was at work so just me!

On a happy note, I discovered Disney rewards yesterday, and dug out all the voucher codes we had lying around in old DVD's and games, and had enough points to get Sam a new DVD! Its all very exciting. I am now trying to talk hubby into buying new DVD's for us, as I used to have all the old Disney films on video, and I feel the need to watch them, but most of my video's have gone missing in one house move or another, or have stopped working, and well, even if they were in any fit state to watch we no longer own a video player so its all pretty irrelevant!

My favourite's were Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King, they were the films you could watch over and over again without ever getting bored. Although, I remember being very disappointed with my Little Mermaid video. For those who remember one of the adverts used to show a family sitting down to watch it, and at the bit where Sebastian is singing to Ariel when in the boat with Eric, bubbles came floating out of the television screen, and the kids jumped around popping them, and then a Disney magic advert for Disney land came on. I was so excited expecting bubbles to fill the room, but alas nothing :( False advertising or what! Who knows maybe give it another ten years it might just be possible.

I just can't wait to share all my old favourites with the kids, Aladdin, Peter Pan ooh I'm quite excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment