Wednesday 6 May 2020

I'm not ok.. (I promise)

Isolation day- 53.

Wow. 53 days since 'normality'. 

Honestly I think I am finally adjusting to life in lockdown, not that it is getting any easier but I feel like my moods are slowly starting to improve. The kids are doing amazingly, they've finally stopped fighting me whenever I ask them to do school work- mainly I fear because it is so much fun to laugh at how bad Mummy is at maths. Seriously- I'm sure I didn't forget that much from my school days, so they must be teaching them something new. (That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.)

The kids ramblings have become my entertainment- Just the other day they were sat having a brainstorm about all the reasons they won't drink water (squash is the favourite in this house.). The best of which were-
  1. Its too wet. (Huh? isn't that the point?)
  2. Its tasteless. (So how can it taste bad?)
  3. It comes from the sewer. (Not sure where they are getting theirs from..)
  4. It's dirty, because you wash dishes in it. (I'd like to add that I do not fill the kids cups from the dirty dish bowl)   
Well at least they are being creative.

Getting them to physically leave the house is proving difficult- despite my Aunt sending them a swingball set and some other outdoor toys they would much rather veg on the sofa like a bunch of teenagers. When asked to come outside because the weather was 'lovely and warm outside' the response I got was 'Yes Mummy but it's lovely and warm inside too.' Well you can't argue with that...

 Loki has also FINALLY stopped asking for snacks every 7 seconds after the day we actually ran out and he had to wait 2 days for our next shopping delivery. It seems he now has a new found appreciation for the snack cupboard, and without the constant demands he seems much happier. (as is Mummy- pictured as proof.) 

I received an email this week from work checking in to see how we all are, featuring some of the things others have been doing during lockdown, and also asking for us to share what we have all been doing. My work colleagues have apparently taken up an array of new hobbies, from making their own clothes, to running. I decided not to share any of my new interests as I am not sure becoming a chain smoking alcoholic with anxiety is exactly what they were looking for to lift everyone's spirits. They are also looking for suggestions about how we can kick start the business again once all this is over but I figured my idea of converting the office prayer room into an AA meeting venue probably wasn't going to make the top ten.

I decided this week to re-join the world of dating- its been 5 months since the kids Dad moved out. (Wow that went a little swift.) So I thought I would embrace this new world of online dating, after all we can't exactly leave the house right now. It was a little cringe worthy I have to say- See below for my top 3 worst responses-

  1. "Hi beautiful, as we're all locked down- why don't I drive by your house, you can stand outside and we can see if we like each other" - Right. So an excellent plan with only 2 minor drawbacks- Number 1- I am not giving you my address. Number 2- From that sentence, I've already decided I don't like you. 
  2. "I knew I recognised you from somewhere- I remember seeing you in Asda once, you were doing your shopping- you were wearing a black coat. We didn't talk or anything, but I remember thinking I'd love to get to know you, and was so excited when I saw your picture on here" - WTF. This 1 was actually stalker level creepy- now i'm hoping this was actually a made up scenario that you thought would impress me with some weird love at first sight thing- but actually it just made me throw up a little in my mouth. 
  3. Dick Pics. No explanation needed- UNMATCH.
Well that is about all the excitement to come out of my little house in the past couple of weeks- I shall leave you with this- the best meal I've made myself in weeks- Starter for 4? Nope. Meal for 1. Life is good.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment