Thursday 9 March 2017

Student again, take..4?

Last week I decided to try a creative writing course at college. I love to write, and try to find time when I can, but since having the kids my words just don't seem to come out in the same way that they used to.
I used to like sharing what I'd written with people, now I am far too scared to open up and let people read my work. I just don't feel like my writing has the same quality that it did before, and I'm really hoping a more academic setting, and some motivation to actually do some writing will help.

I suppose my ultimate goal is to get something published, be that a novel or a poem, it's something I have always wanted to 'tick off the bucket list'. To be honest I'd be happy if it just improves my writing style enough to get more followers with the blog! I really do think having children kills brain cells. My mind goes blank every time I sit down to write, whereas before I had so many idea I could write for hours. I think my mind is too full of Peppa Pig, and Lego!

I suppose the other problem is that before kids, if I got an idea I could grab a pen or the laptop and just write then and there, lately I find inspiration will hit right in the middle of changing a nappy, or cooking the tea. By the time I get a pen and paper I've lost it again. In the evenings I'm just too exhausted to think about anything.

Fingers crossed having 'homework' and actually engaging my brain a couple times a week will help!


No comments:

Post a Comment